If you are a Local 400 member working as a Kroger meat cutter under the Roanoke contract, there is an important upcoming vote on changes to your pension plan that will impact your retirement. This vote only applies to Kroger meat cutters working under our Roanoke contract and is separate from the union contract members recently ratified.
To ensure everyone’s safety as we present this proposal for a vote, we are conducting our meeting as a Tele-Town Hall. During the Tele-Town Hall, we will review the proposal in detail. Voting will take place in stores from September 8-11, 2020. The full voting schedule is below.
You must register to attend the Tele-Town Hall. Complete the registration form below to join us for a Tele-Town Hall on Friday, September 4, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to review the proposal.
The UFCW has reached a historic tentative agreement with the largest employers in the national pension plan, including Kroger. Your vote is needed to ratify the proposed solution.
- Provides a $1.84 billion employer contribution to the pension plan which will help ensure that any benefits you have earned are protected and help enable the plan to be well-funded for many years to come;
- Establishes a new future service pension plan which is similar to the current plan, but lowers the amount of returns needed from investments to maintain benefits;
- Provides a bridge to transition members to the new plan with minimal disruption;
- Maintains current contribution levels.
While your union recommends this tentative agreement, it is ultimately your decision whether this agreement is ratified. Your vote on this proposal will decide if it goes into effect.
- This event is only available to Local 400 members working as meat cutters under our Kroger Roanoke contract.
- Local 400 members working at Kroger under our West Virginia contract will also have an opportunity to vote on these proposed pension changes at a future vote to be announced.
- Albertsons/Safeway and Ahold locations outside of our region were also involved, however, none of our Safeway or Giant members are affected by this proposal, you are in a different pension fund.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or talk to your union representative.
Vote Count: 5pm, Friday, September 11, 2020
Since we are unable to meet in person, we are conducting the vote count over Zoom so any member may witness the tabulation of ballots.
Join us on Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET via Zoom videoconference to witness the vote count. You must register at the link below in order to attend.
The results of the vote will be announced shortly after on our website, social media and text updates.
Please note: you must be a UFCW Local 400 member in good standing in order to witness the vote count.
Masks must be worn at all times while voting. Voting is open at each location from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Tuesday, September 8, 2020|
|Kroger #328, 1664 E Stone Dr, Kingsport, TN 37660|
|Kroger #334, 1980 Rio Hill Center, Charlottesville, VA 22901|
|Wednesday, September 9, 2020|
|Kroger #316, 1229 Stafford Dr, Princeton, WV 24740|
|Kroger #377, 15069 Forest Rd, Forest, VA 24551|
|Thursday, September 10, 2020|
|Kroger #343, 850 Statler Blvd, Staunton, VA 24401|
|Kroger #345, 555 N Franklin St, Christiansburg, VA 24073|
|Friday, September 11, 2020|
|Kroger #226, 1477 W Main St, Salem, VA 24153|
|Kroger #375, 3971 Brambleton Ave. Roanoke, VA 24018|
Register for the Tele-Town Hall
Registration for the Tele-Town Hall is now closed.