Trio Healthcare facilities (Elizabeth Adam Crump nursing home and Elizabeth House), have agreed to provide a temporary pay increase to our members working during this crisis.
All full-time and part-time workers will receive the following pay increases, effective April 16, 2020 to July 15, 2020:
- Direct Care Staff: (Full-time and Part-time) C.N.A. or S.T.N.A.: Will a receive $3.00 per-hour bonus for each regular hour worked during the pay period (excludes overtime hours)
- All other positions in the facility: Hourly employees will receive a $2.00 per-hour bonus for each regular hour worked during the pay period (excludes overtime hours).
The following rules apply in order to be eligible for the pay increase:
- Employee must work each scheduled shift during the pay period to be eligible to receive the bonus. The employee must be punctual for all scheduled shifts. Punctuality means that the employee is clocked in/out based on his/her scheduled shift. Leaving early for or returning late from a scheduled break or meal period is considered a tardiness.
- Tardiness will result in forfeiture of the bonus.
- Exceptions must be reviewed and approved on a case by case basis.
- Trio Healthcare reserves the right to modify or eliminate this bonus at any time.
To be clear, we do not believe tying extra pay to attendance is the right approach. The employer has agreed to review exceptions on a case-by-case basis. This is a start, and we are working with every employer we represent to provide enhanced policies for our members working during this crisis, including sick leave, hazard pay, protective equipment, and more.
If you are a member with a COVID-19 concern in your workplace, please report it to us. Help us keep track of the problems you are facing so we can better work with employers to address them. Please report your concerns on our website here.
We are committed to keeping you informed throughout this crisis. Sign up for text alerts to ensure you never miss the latest important news from your union.
Thank you for your service to your union, your communities and the country as a whole. You are on the frontlines of this crisis, and you are proving how invaluable your work is, and the vital role our union members play in times like these.
Please know that your UFCW Local 400 family is here for you during these difficult and challenging times. You are not alone. We are one union family, and we are in this together.