CVS has agreed to provide enhanced pay and sick leave policies for our members working during this crisis:
- UPDATE 4/7/2020: Effective immediately, CVS will now require all employees to wear a mask while on duty. Masks will be provided by the employer or employees may choose to wear their own mask. CVS is also encouraging all customers to wear masks while shopping.
- The company will provide bonuses of $300 for full-time workers and $150 for part-time workers, which will be paid in May.
- All part-time employees will receive 24 hours of paid sick leave, effective March 22nd. If you currently have less than 24 hours of paid sick time, your paid hours will be increased to this higher amount.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, or if you are quarantined as a result of direct exposure to a person with a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, or if you have recently traveled to a Level 2 or 3 country, CVS will provide up to 14 days of paid sick leave (which will not count against your 24 hours of regular paid sick time).
- CVS will provide child care benefits through Bright Horizons for workers who need to care for children, older adults or other dependents as a result of school or daycare closings due to the crisis.
- The company is also working to provide masks and gloves for workers who need them, but the nationwide shortage of these supplies has been a barrier.
- CVS also encourages workers to take advantage of counseling available through the Employee Assistance Program to support you and your family members.
We are working with every employer we represent to provide enhanced policies for our members working during this crisis, including sick leave, hazard pay, protective equipment, and more.
If you are a member with a COVID-19 concern in your workplace, please report it to us. Help us keep track of the problems you are facing so we can better work with employers to address them. Please report your concerns on our website here.
We are committed to keeping you informed throughout this crisis. Sign up for text alerts to ensure you never miss the latest important news from your union.
Thank you for your service to your union, your communities and the country as a whole. You are on the frontlines of this crisis, and you are proving how invaluable your work is, and the vital role our union members play in times like these.
Please know that your UFCW Local 400 family is here for you during these difficult and challenging times. You are not alone. We are one union family, and we are in this together.