This vote will ONLY be on changes to the national pension plan and is separate from the rest of the Kroger West Virginia union contract. Negotiations on our next union contract are still ongoing and voting on that will take place at a later date.
To ensure everyone’s safety as we present this proposal for a vote, we are conducting our meeting as a Tele-Town Hall. During the Tele-Town Hall, we will review the proposal in detail. After the Tele-Town Hall, voting will take place in stores September 22-24, 2020. The full voting schedule is below.
You must register to attend the Tele-Town Hall. Complete the registration form below to join us for a Tele-Town Hall on Monday, September 21, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to review the proposal.
The UFCW has reached a historic tentative agreement with the largest employers in the national pension plan, including Kroger. Your vote is needed to ratify the proposed agreement.
- Provides a $1.84 billion employer contribution to the pension plan which will help ensure that any benefits you have earned are protected and help enable the plan to be well-funded for many years to come;
- Establishes a new future service pension plan which is similar to the current plan, but lowers the amount of returns needed from investments to maintain benefits;
- Provides a bridge to transition members to the new plan with minimal disruption;
- Maintains current contribution levels.
While your union recommends this tentative agreement, it is ultimately your decision whether this agreement is ratified. Your vote on this proposal will decide if it goes into effect.
- This event is only available to Local 400 members working as under our Kroger West Virginia contract.
- This vote will ONLY be on changes to the national pension plan and is separate from the rest of the Kroger West Virginia union contract. Negotiations on our next union contract are still ongoing and voting on that will take place at a later date.
- Albertsons/Safeway and Ahold locations outside of our region were also involved, however, none of our Safeway or Giant members are affected by this proposal, you are in a different pension fund.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or talk to your union representative.
Register for the Tele-Town Hall
Registration for this event has closed.
|Tuesday, September 22, 2020|
|Kroger #792, 2627 5th Ave, Huntington, WV 25702|
|Kroger #813, 500 Suncrest Town Center, Morgantown, WV 26505|
|Kroger #817, 3265 Smoot Ave, Madison, WV 25130|
|Wednesday, September 23, 2020|
|Kroger #773, 198 Emily Drive, East Point Mall, Clarksburg, WV 26301|
|Kroger #784, 302 Great Teays Blvd, Scott Depot, WV 25560|
|Kroger #790, 133 Beckley Crossing, Beckley, WV 25801|
|Thursday, September 24, 2020|
|Kroger #753, 930 Division Street, Parkersburg, WV 26101|
|Kroger #778, 500 Delaware Ave, Charleston, WV 25302|
|Kroger #780, 411 Mall Road, Oak Hill, WV 25901|
Vote Count: Friday, September 25, 2020
Since we are unable to meet in person, we are conducting the vote count over Zoom so any member may witness the tabulation of ballots.
Join us on Friday, September 25, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. ET via Zoom videoconference to witness the vote count. You must register at the link below in order to attend.
The results of the vote will be announced shortly after on our website, social media and text updates.
Please note: you must be a UFCW Local 400 member in good standing in order to witness the vote count.