The UFCW is about workers coming together to build better lives for themselves. It is about creating opportunity. That is why each year the UFCW awards several scholarships of up to $8,000 each to UFCW members or their unmarried dependents. DEADLINE: JUNE 20, 2014.
- The scholarships are limited to any member who has been active since February 1, 2013.
- The children and/or dependents of active members are also eligible to apply if they are unmarried and under the age of 20 on May 31, 2014.
- The scholarship application and essay must be completed by the eligible student to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipients will be selected and awards made on the basis of several factors including scholastic achievements, community involvement and an essay which shows an understanding of the principles of the labor movement.
- The UFCW Scholarship Application Form is completed when the scholarship department receives your Official Grades Transcript and Part V Form (which is provided after you complete the application online). Both must be mailed with a postmark date no later than June 20, 2014. Keep in mind the time frame needed to receive the information from your school.
- Scholarship recipients will receive annual payments of $2,000 for each year they are enrolled in an accredited college or university as a non-probationary student for up to four years.
- Payment is dependent on written evidence of graduation from high school or equivalent and enrollment in an accredited college or university, or institute of higher learning.
- Payment of subsequent stipends is dependent on the recipient’s continued eligibility as outlined in the Scholarship Acceptance Agreement.