A public hearing is scheduled for February 26, 2014 at 9:30a.m. at the County Administration Building located at 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Dr. Bowie, MD. to raise awareness surrounding the expansion plan of a building a Super Walmart store in Bowie across the street from an existing Walmart store.
The exisiting Walmart is located in the Collington Plaza shopping center and according to the Rural Tier community group, that store should be upgraded instead.
“We don’t need more discount stores – we need the high quality retail we deserve! Big box stores steal business from other stores and people lose their jobs – will the Giant at Collington Plaza survive?” The expansion of Walmart in Bowie is a threat to other retail grocery stores in the area. Show your Solidarity by…
1. Writing a letter to Councilwoman Ingrid Turner at:
County Administration Building, 2nd floor
14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 – 3070
Call: (301) 952-3094
Fax: (301) 952-4910
Consider using these talking points/sample letter.
2. Signing the Petition!! This goes directly to Councilwoman Turner!
3. Attending public hearings – dates and times will be posted on www.RuralTier.Org. The first date is February 26, 2014, 9:30 am at the County Administration Building.
4. Tell your neighbors and other county residents. We Deserve Better!
5. Print a poster for your window (or your car window!)