UFCW Local 400 is partnering with area labor and community groups Saturday, June 28, 2014 at the AFL-CIO (815 16th St. NW, Washington, DC) from 10a.m.-2p.m. to assist workers with their citizenship application!
What are the benefits of citizenship?
- travel in and out of this country freely, without limits
- better employment opportunities
- you can vote! make your voice heard
- your children will automatically become citizens, too!
- you can take advantage of student loan and scholarship opportunities
- save money! never pay for your green card renewal again.
Call now to make an appointment: 240-670-4850
Am I eligible to apply for citizenship?
- You have been a lawful permanent resident (LPR) for at least 4 years and 9 months, OR
- You have been married to a U.S. citizen for 3 years and you are a lawful permanent resident for at least 2 years and 9 months, AND
- You can speak, read and write basic English, unless you qualify for an exemption
What should I bring?
- Greencard, Social Security card, StateID/driver’s license, passport.
- Your personal and family information, including date of birth, marriage date and arrests, if applicable
- Your 2013 income tax return.
- A money order for $680 (or apply for a waiver or loan).